[AusNOG] Decent home broadband Sydney

Jason Firmino jason.firmino at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:47:17 EST 2012

Hi again noggers,

Just returned from working in Europe for some years now, and now that
I got here ISP providers are just pretty bad...

I've just had an argue with exetel and canceled what I chose to be my
plan for home Internet, because they gave me a 14 day period for
installation and past 16 days (yesterday) it was scheduled for
connection, but the wholesale company (Optus) technician, didn't go to
work yesterday, on the first phone call to provisioning team, and on
the second phone call he went there, but couldn't contact me....
WHAT??? Get your story together...

So then they booked me for connection next Friday 25th. Not
acceptable. And instead of exetel start fighting with their wholesale
provider, and try to fix everything for the customer, it's just bad
luck, you have to wait.... There's nothing we can do ... Again,
WHAT???

Has any of you noggers experienced this kind of treatment, or am I
just used to Europe's nice Networking company's that connect you the
next day, 2 working days tops?

Did I get unlucky with exetel + Optus, or does anyone recommend a
decent residential ISP that can connect me trough next week?

Cheers,
Jason Firmino

--
Jason Marques Firmino