[AusNOG] Bandwidth in Phillip Island

Alex Maclaren alex.maclaren at cirruscomms.com.au
Fri May 4 12:19:30 EST 2012

That 193km link truly blows my mind.

My only experience with links over water is one we have near our office from
a transmission site at a high point to a property low near the water.

We have only ever been able to get this to work using 2.4GHz however this
still suffers a lot of change in its signal depending on the tide and
reflections it gets.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Scott. Not being an RF engineer but
having to manage IP networks with wireless links I am always interested in
learning more.

Regards,

Alex Maclaren
Network Operations Analyst
Cirrus Communications Pty Ltd

t|:

1300 552 698

f|:

1300 556 790

e|:

alex.maclaren at cirruscomms.com.au

w|:

http://www.cirruscomms.com.au/

New Signiture

This is an e-mail from Cirrus Communications Pty Ltd. It is confidential to
the named addressee and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged
information. No-one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in
reliance on all or any of it or its attachments. If you receive this email
in error, please telephone us on +61 2 4336 2000 or email
info at cirruscomms.com.au.