[AusNOG] Desperately Seeking Engin

Bob Purdon bobp at purdon.id.au
Mon Mar 26 17:03:01 EST 2012

On 26/03/12 12:54 PM, Daniel McConville wrote:

> Wouldn't all of these fall into the same category? The only difference
> I see here is the OP has rationalized WHY he needed the number rather
> than simple asking for it with no explanation.

As the person who put the original list charter together (and I admit,
it's heavily based on the NANOG charter that was current at the time), I
can tell you the *intent* was that I didn't want home users using a
network operators list to hassle their ISP about their home DSL
connection (or similar).  That doesn't provide any useful service to the
intended list audience.

Of course I don't speak for AusNOG in 2012, but that was the intent back
in 2005 when the list was created.