[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellego.net
Wed Mar 14 12:54:09 EST 2012

Actually it is far worse that just us Noel.

APNIC, not .au is out of IPv4.

This means 1.2 billion Indians, 1.4 billion Chinese, and the hundreds of
millions of others in the 50+ economies APNIC supports.

I think 3 billion people being out of IPv4 will bring forward the adoption
of IPv6 - but it will still be a while.

With IPv6 being turned on permanently on the main websites of Facebook,
Google, Bing, etc... in June, this will start to drive many businesses to
follow... and when v4 starts to break, have billions of people yelling.

Australia is nothing in the scheme of things here.  There are estimated 500
million new people going to be joining the internet/social media in Asia
this year with the advent of cheap smart phones... it is things like this
which force/push along adoption of IPv6, not anything we do in our
backwater of 22million.

*Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego

twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – Brocade - IBM