[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Wed Mar 14 10:17:46 EST 2012

On 14Mar12, Skeeve Stevens allegedly wrote:

> Mark,
>
> At no point did I suggest that anyone turn off IPv4 - probably ever.  If
> you think that, then you sadly misunderstood my email.  We will be living
> in a dual stack world for a long time before people put a bullet in ipv4.
>
> My email's point was that you have to do IPv6 as well as IPv4.  Was I
> really that unclear?

No. I think we're in violent agreement.

It's a tired old rant, but I still wish we had thought much harder
about making transition all the way to IPv6 a non-problem for our
customer base at the time. The rise of eager ipv4 buyers on this list
and other places is a constant nag that we could have done better.

On the bright side, lots of consulting fees so who am I to complain?

Mark.