[AusNOG] Solar flare

Jason Leschnik leschnik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:36:00 EST 2012

For anyone interested
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-06/15/how-to-survive-a-solar-storm

It's a serious concern, we are backing up our magnetic media to
another magnetic media (Disk > Tape), it would be interesting to see
what type of protection the storage facilities use when dealing with
tape media.

I will investigate this further, although food and water is a great
idea it's also very important to bring up services such as stock
exchanges, banks, public record systems. Without these, I'd like to
see you buy food/water :)

Thanks.