[AusNOG] Cisco Pushing 'Cloud Connect' Router Firmware - Allows Web History Tracking

Burt Mascareigne burt at prioritycomputer.com.au
Sat Jun 30 16:02:28 EST 2012

<http://work.id.au/Side_Signature.png>[cid:side_signature1]

How much abuse of your Freedom will it take for you stop apologising for multination companies abusing you?

Would you stop at Enterprise gear?

As an IT admin,  I would love if all my Cisco switches,  Routers everything were all centrally managed from a pretty Web Interface...  do I want to allow Cisco free reign though my network for it?

Cisco is "embolden" to just do what ever the f. they want.   It helps their cause when people likes you say "I'd say tough luck to the advanced user"

Security flaws in other vendor gear is not a reason to take over your routers, saying the avg. user is too stupid to manage their own router is a fair point, but,  when do you stop?  I've had to fix other IT "Professionals" router mistakes all the time... should Cisco anticipate that "professionals" are retarded too and throw mid range business gear to their "cloud",  I mean, some technicians don't even know IOS...I know right? Retards!

I can say this,  I will NOT be buying new Cisco gear,  even for our Datacentre,  I'll go and get crappy 2561XM or 3650 or something to do the job.  I'll buy a few spare units,  (with the saving) so if they die on me,  I'll just replace it, or do fail-over or,  whatever.... Maybe I'll even go Juniper........how ever you get those things to work o_O

We are moving to Astaro anyways,

But I will not buy new Cisco's,  0%

[cid:priority-computer-solutions_logo_01]

Burt Mascareigne
Technician
Mob: 0414 450 962

[cid:priority-computer-solutions_logo_03]       [cid:priority-computer-solutions_logo_04]