[AusNOG] Telstra's Texan Teaser - Tin Foil Stetsun anyone?

Aqius aqius at lavabit.com
Mon Jun 25 11:13:13 EST 2012

Assuming results are on the money (which seems fair - someone's even tested
it with the same phone and found behaviour only effects the Telstra sim), I
honestly can't see how this would be for tracking purposes.

There are so many smarter and easier ways. So I either embrace the tin foil
hat, and say NSA, but then it apparently doesn't happen on https, so that's
a bit weak. The only other angle I can think of is a desire to fulfil a
legal requirement and prove what is accessed ala RIAA or some such.

PS. There is a chopper here now too!!! ;)