[AusNOG] Help with OID (Cisco)

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Thu Jun 21 09:46:51 EST 2012

Not that I'm aware of.  It sounds a bit like there's jump across two
segments of switch operation though, which makes me assume that such an OID
doesn't exist; you're trying to get analysis of a subset of Layer 3 traffic
undergoing Layer 2 forwarding.  From the phrasing of the question I'm
assuming that there's both v4 and v6 traffic flowing across a VLAN in a
Layer 3 switch?  And it's not necessarily traffic that's terminating on a
Layer 3 interface ie could be host-host link local traffic?

There are a number of ways you could do a dirty hack to figure this out
though, I'd probably set up a monitor port of the VLAN then use a packet
capture to filter out and analyse the rest.

What's the data for?

Cheers,
--
Christopher Pollock,