[AusNOG] TX/RX Conventions

Tom Sykes TomSykes at nbnco.com.au
Wed Jun 13 08:21:36 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm interested to understand which conventions/standards (if any) are being used by operators to identify the TX/RX in fibre patching panels/trays - in environments like a meet me room or datacentre.

For example, if someone is allocated ports 3&4 some operators seem to use the "low" port as the TX, while others use the low port as the RX. Also interested to understand whether the convention specifies whether the TX/RX is egress from the port or is specifying the signal into the port.

Thanks.
Tom