[AusNOG] IPv6 is hard.

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Fri Jul 20 20:45:28 EST 2012

I think it's important to remember that we are on this list for
reasonable discussion among professionals, delving into arguments and
sarcasm won't benefit the discussion.

I also think it's safe to say that IPv6 is possible, but may not be
practical for all. Mostly, such as my case, limitations on resources to
implement such as current hardware and time. As Don was mentioning,
those outfits with limited resources in the interest of lowering costs
as much as possible to stay cut-throat competitive, IPv6 implementation
just isn't high on the list due to the knowledge it will still take a
long time yet before IPv4 is dropped in any meaningful way.

/my 2c