[AusNOG] Cisco Pushing 'Cloud Connect' Router Firmware - Allows Web History Tracking

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 02:26:46 EST 2012

Cisco's been quick to respond:

"Cisco prides itself on offering the best customer experiences, and privacy
and security are at the core of everything we do.  That goes for Cisco
Connect Cloud too. When a customer signs up for a Cisco Connect Cloud
account, personal information is used only to establish an account in order
to provide customer support.  Consistent with Cisco’s practices, Cisco
Connect Cloud does not actively track, collect or store personal info or
usage data for any other purposes, nor is it transmitted to third
parties. We also wanted to clear up any confusion about Cisco’s ‘opt in’
practices. Cisco Connect Cloud was delivered only to consumers who opted in
to automatic updates."

http://blogs.cisco.com/home/answering-our-customers-questions-about-cisco-connect-cloud/