[AusNOG] Optus network advisories

Jeffrey Sims jeffy at tehintartubes.net
Wed Dec 26 21:16:56 EST 2012

Optus has a service status page but
a) it's pathetic
b) it's rarely updated (At one stage they had a network advisory from like
2011 on there - well into 2012)
c) They are useless at the best of times.

Amaysim log faults in the wholesaler system (like LOLS for Telstra) called
WSG and it's managed by the wholesale team. They then take those reports
and convert them into tickets for the NOC (it's stupid and massively double
handled).

I believe many people have titled at this particular windmill (why aren't
Optus as open as the likes of Telstra) and given up.