[AusNOG] phones line check

august forsakov forsakov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 12:19:39 EST 2012

Hi.

We currently have a bonded DSL line through Adam Internet in Adelaide.
We are experiencing dropouts (sync drop) at roughly 11:15 every day.
Adam internet has run a performance monitoring report on the connection and
it's showing multiple errors on the line.
They have advised us to get a 3rd party company to send a tech out to run
tests on the line.
I have spoken to these people but they wont guarantee coming out at 11:00
(they could be later if the tech is delayed)...

Is this normal practice?
Is it impossible to find someone who will be there at 11am?

The line does show errors throughout the remainder of the day, and some
sync drops, but not as regular as the 11:15 one...

Does anyone on this list know of a company that will run these tests at the
specified time...?
Can anyone help me define just what these tests are...?

--
Best regards.
Gus