[AusNOG] Hotmail/Live delist IP

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Dec 5 11:34:23 EST 2012

I found the link about 5 seconds after posting the question! However I
thought, as many do, it was going to be a nightmare of a system and was
hoping for a possible more direct contact.

Alas, I submitted into the system anyway and got this response about
30-40 minutes later:

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table
contains the results of our investigation.

Mitigated
123.456.789.012 (removed by me)
The reported deliverability problem has been mitigated by the automated
system. Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely
throughout our system. Please note that mitigating this issue does not
guarantee that your email will be delivered to a user's inbox.

Regardless of the deliverability status, Hotmail recommends that all
senders join two free programs that provide visibility into the Hotmail
traffic on your sending IP(s), the sending IP reputation with Hotmail
and the Hotmail user complaint rates.

Junk Email Reporting program (JMRP) When a Hotmail user marks an email
as "junk", senders enrolled in this program get a copy of the mail
forwarded to an address of their choice. It allows you to see which
mails are being marked as junk and identify mail traffic you did not
intend to send. To join, please visit
http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsjmrpp&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts.

Smart Network Data Services program (SNDS) This program allows you to
monitor the 'health' and reputation of your registered IPs by providing
data about traffic such as mail volume and complaint rates seen
originating from your IPs. To register, please visit
http://postmaster.msn.com/snds/.

There is no silver bullet to maintaining or improving good IP
reputation, but these programs help you proactively manage your email
eco-system to help better ensure deliverability to Hotmail users.

Thank you,

Hotmail Deliverability Support Service

So all in all a good result but they are still trying to get you to
register for things. In future I'll know where to go to get this done :).

Thanks,
Joe