[AusNOG] Server BW limits

Martin - StudioCoast martin.sinclair at studiocoast.com.au
Sun Aug 26 19:35:21 EST 2012

According to the financial statements of Australia's biggest carrier,
selling transit at cost would be around a 1/3rd of the price it is at
the moment.
That's a long long way from any sort of pricing parity with the EU or US.

If I dig up the ground and installed a fibre ring between Sydney,
Melbourne and Brisbane my potential market is a mere 10th of that of a
similar sized link within the US.
The European market is twice the size of the US which explains somewhat
explains the pricing difference there.