[AusNOG] Bigpond blacklisted again

Jeffrey Sims jeffy at tehintartubes.net
Mon Aug 6 17:41:40 EST 2012

Hi Burt,

Sadly you aren't off the mark, I've had issues with my personal cable
service experiencing massive amounts of packet loss and they shrug and go
"We'll look into it", 3 days later a tech turns up and finds nothing wrong,
I end up being whacked $129 for "no fault found" and I end up back where I
started, poorer than before.

The same applies for most Telstra issues, I deal with them for many of the
clients I support and their IP Solutions Team are often pretty good but you
get a few bad eggs in every group who go "Well I won't proactively
investigate until you've power cycled our NTU". So you know, when it comes
to Telstra, you have to take everything as a grain of salt and investigate
to the demarcation point most times before they'll even listen and go "oh
yeah it *might* be us".

We'll see how this ticket goes.

Jeff