[AusNOG] Fwd: [luv-talk] Optus 3G charges while using wifi at home.

Adam Nock Adam.Nock at amcom.com.au
Tue Apr 24 19:23:10 EST 2012

Honestly, I would refer this to the TIO. Simply because you have spoken with Optus and are concerned with the accuracy and legitimacy of the details provided.

Alternatively you could contact someone else at Optus and get a confirmation. Referring this conversation to Optus however might be counter-productive. I would probably word this in a query to another Optus operator as “I have been told that if my phone is connected to my home wifi, yet Internet services are enabled on the phone account, I will be charged by Optus for the data used even though it is not being provided over the 3G connection?”

Whilst it is likely Anil was mistaken in his interpretation, the official word from Optus is now that they were charging you for internet access over your own non Optus internet service.
Logistics of this aside, that’s a problem.

Regards
Adam