[AusNOG] Best carrier for bandwidth AU (Sydney) <-> USA (LA)

Bill Walker bill at wjw.co.nz
Tue Apr 24 11:01:48 EST 2012

Hi Josh,

It would be worthwhile finding out who the ISP of the
hosting company is in the US, you can then look for the ISP in AU with
the best connectivity to them.

Cheers,

Bill

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012
23:37:58 +0000, Josh Carter wrote:

> Hi Noggers,
>
> We're in the
process of scoping out a new internet link to support an application
hosted out of the USA. We currently do not have the luxury of moving the
application on shore, so need to make the best of the situation we can.

> I'm looking for suggestions and experiences of which carrier can
provide the lowest latency / least contended connection to the USA (LA)
from AU (Syd).

> We currently have a Telstra link, which we're in
the process of bumping up to a higher speed, however we've tested at
times of low utilisation on the link itself and traffic to the US seems
to be "spikey" and generally too slow regardless of our links
utilisation.

> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Cheers,

Josh.

> ==== Charter Hall ========================
> This e-mail
message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is
confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this
message or attachments. If you have received this message in error,
please advise Charter Hall by return e-mail or telephone (02) 8908 4000.
except where the sender expressly and with authority states them to be
the views of Charter Hall. Charter Hall cannot guarantee that this
e-mail or any attachments are free of viruses or other conditions which
may damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it
might be used.