[AusNOG] M2 buy Primus

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Mon Apr 16 16:29:08 EST 2012

On 16Apr12, Rod Veith allegedly wrote:

> Why should a phone call and a viewing of a youtube video have the
> same intrinsic value

Because the intrinsic value of the bits is none of my ISPs
business. Just as the intrinsic value of a letter delivered by Auspost
is none of their business.

If you want to argue that voice bits should be charged at a premium
then you should also argue that Auspost should analyze the content of
my letters and charge me on their perceived value of the contents.

For a job-offer letter, Auspost might charge me $100 to deliver, for a
marketing letter they might charge me $0.01. Is that what you mean by
charging for intrinsic value?

Mark.