[AusNOG] Preparing 100s of routers for resale

Ashley Lowde ashley.lowde at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 20:10:59 EST 2012

Are they all using the same (or only a couple of different) images? If so
I'd suggest
replacing *all* the compact flash cards, then booting each one and grabbing
the appropriate
image from a tftp server. You can then reboot it and clear the config using
password
recovery mode if necessary.

This way you know you have no old data lurking on the CF cards, and
grabbing IOS image/
clearing config should be fairly easily scripted. OEM CF cards are cheap
enough even
when purchased individually.