[AusNOG] Wiki for network ops

Rob Byrnes rbyrnes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:19:09 EST 2011

We have a Tiki Wiki installation, pretty happy with it now the search
function actually works (version 7 onwards). There seems to be a
Print-to-PDF function available, but I've never set it up.

There is a lot more functionality available than we use though. It has
a WYSIWYG editor as well, do you don't need to learn too much code.

How is Joomla from an administration point of view?

cheeers,
Rob

On 7 October 2011 12:06, Don Gould <don at bowenvale.co.nz> wrote:
> Joomla
>
> Yes it's not a wiki, but you get a nicer ui and don't have to learn wiki
> code to do stuff.  I'm so over community dev on wiki sites to then have
> issues with uploading images etc.
>
> Wordpress is also good but it doesn't do the pdf thing OOTB.

> On 7/10/2011 1:34 p.m., Dale Shaw wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm in the process of building a new wiki as a repository for network
>> ops type information (work instructions, configuration standards, site
>> information, howtos, and so on).
>>
>> I've previously used MediaWiki and I guess it was "OK" but I'm
>> interested in learning what other people are using for similar
>> purposes. I was leaning towards DokuWiki, based on a friend's positive
>> experience. We don't have any special requirements, I don't think.
>> LDAP auth required, being able to PDF'ify articles would be nice.
>>
>> Does anything in particular stand out? What are the features of your
>> wiki software that you really like?
>>
>> Open source preferred; underlying OS is Red Hat Linux.
>>
>> Feel free to reply on or off-list.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Dale
>
> --
> Don Gould
> 31 Acheson Ave
> Mairehau
> Christchurch, New Zealand
> Ph: + 64 3 348 7235
> Mobile: + 64 21 114 0699

Idiot :
    A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human
affairs has always been dominant and controlling.
(Ambrose Bierce - The Devils Dictionary)