[AusNOG] LAC/LNS hardware recommendation

Ankit Agrawal Ankit.Agrawal at dodo.com.au
Sat Nov 26 13:34:59 EST 2011

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the below Broadband Series routers in a LAC/LNS configuration:

1.       Alcatel 7750 SR series

2.       Juniper E series

>From what I have looked at, both seem to be pretty solid in performance and comparable when it comes to features that each can support in an ADSL environment. They both also support standard features like CoA, queuing, L2TP switching, OSPF/BGP, http-redirection, dynamic IP pool, etc.

However, I would like to hear from someone who has actually used either of these or looked at them before.

Few of the other things to consider will be Remote Technical Support, IPv6 compatibility, BW scalability for NBN, CLI, software bugs, etc.

Cheers,

Ankit.