[AusNOG] SPAM-LOW: Pipe peering issue - Equinix

Matt Carter matt at iseek.com.au
Tue Nov 15 11:15:50 EST 2011

Matt,

What about the rest of us lowly Pipe customers with multiple gig connections to multiple pipe IX's - watching this thread in anticipation of some kind of substantive reply from Pipe ? :(

All anyone has seen officially is "The issue was a MAC learning problem on the switch the route server directly connects to." which doesn't really tell us anything we couldn't already deduced for ourselves nor tell us anything about how the issue came about or what you are doing to fix it from (continuing) to happen in the future (as it has happened in the past.)

To see an issue which affects so many be whisked away in a puff of smoke, seems to be in stark contrast to the Pipe we all have grown to know (and love). :(

I too look forward to these "exciting new changes" and "service improvements" that Jared refers to, whatever they may be :) :)

Kind regards,