[AusNOG] Microsoft buys Skype

Damien Morris djm at roadhou.se
Wed May 11 13:03:39 EST 2011

On 11/05/2011, at 8:43 AM, Julian DeMarchi wrote:

>> Closed document formats is bad enough, now you won't be
>> able to call people if you don't want to or can't run skype. I think
>> it'll be very unlikely that Microsoft will open the skype protocol for
>> interoperability purposes.
>
> Wonder if this will kill the Linux client for skype?

I'd kill to be a fly-on-the-wall in Ballmer's office when he and co meet to decide whether to keep it cross-platform, and for how long. Does anyone have access to the bug that the justice department has surely had installed there for quite some time?

I assume Gatesey's official position is "I couldn't give a flying f..." delivered over short-wave from a yacht somewhere.

Anyone tried the official MSN messenger client for OSX recently..?

Cheers,
Damien.