[AusNOG] VPN device

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Tue May 3 22:10:07 EST 2011

$quoted_author = "David Hughes" ;

> On 03/05/2011, at 5:06 PM, Barrie Hall wrote:
>
> > We use the Juniper product. So far so good.
>
> They certainly read up well.  I was waiting on vsys support in Junos on an
> SRX before making the jump.  But for VPN that's not an issue so they would
> certainly be worth a good hard look.

They do read up well but be sure to bring along your full set of
requirements. I was involved in assessing them for high tunnel count with
low throughput but the number of supported "virtual routers" (VRF in
C-speak) was insufficient for this use case. Which was sad because all the
other boxes were ticked...

cheers
Marty