[AusNOG] Flooding in Rockhampton - What can AUSNOG do?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+ausnog at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 21:59:05 EST 2011

Hi Bevan,

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Bevan Slattery
<Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com> wrote:

> [...]

That's essentially what I said, or what I meant to say.

> The conference is about doing these things in person (personal networking) and also meeting people socially and enjoying each other's company.

Agreed.

> As you apparently appear unaware but many, many people actually travel to Sydney for the Ausnog conference.

I am fairly aware that people travel to Sydney for AusNOG, because I did.

Anyway, I was just voicing my personal view that Sydney suits me fine.
I travel enough for other conferences, and for personal reasons, that
I don't feel AusNOG needs to be a vehicle for seeing new things or
visiting places I haven't been before (in response to folks who want
it to move around).

My message wasn't intended to be anti your "AusNOG @ Rockhampton"
concept, either. I wouldn't NOT go if AusNOG 2012 were held some place
else, that's for sure.

Cheers,
Dale