[AusNOG] "Sewer broadband provider dumped" - Brisbane fibre plan scrapped

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Thu Feb 24 15:34:53 EST 2011

From: Matthew Moyle-Croft [mailto:mmc at internode.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 24 February 2011 11:53 AM

> The presentations at the roadshows in the last few weeks are at:
> http://www.nbnco.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/main/site-base/global-pages/industry-engagement
> Most of the industry was there as well as many other stakeholders - the one I went to had government, contractors, end users, telecommunications people and other interested parties.
> I guess you need to put the effort into engaging if you're actually interested in doing so.  Your call.

Matthew,

As clearly disregarded by you, I explained that I have been across publicly available material.  I talk to participants who attend and other members of the AAB who attend to get a debrief of what's going on.  However, these meetings are generally technical briefings about how NBN Co. are looking to deliver services, not the commerciality, nor industry structural changes being forced upon the NBN.

I can't remember seeing Michael Malone or Simon Hackett attend most (maybe not any) of the public briefings, are you suggesting they too aren't engaged and are not entitled to an opinion?  So unlike other CEO's, your standards require that I am required to attend personally attend these meetings to be "engaged"?

Like most other CEO's I have engaged  through direct personal meetings with the Minister, with NBN Co. staff with the Shadow Minister, with industry leaders, with media, presented at conferences, post challenging articles on sites such as WP and Ausnog.  In fact I have attended briefings in Brisbane.  If you feel that attending a technical briefing is an engagement that will result in the commercial structural change (not just the speed of an interface), then  then that's your call.

However, if your only line to discredit my engagement or contribution is a continual attempt to pretend that my personal compliant attendance at an NBN forum is the best means of affecting change or "active engagement" then that's simply wishful thinking on your part.

[b]
The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential. This email and any attachments are also subject to copyright. No part of them may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written permission of the copyright owner. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the message from your system. All email communications to and from NEXTDC Limited are recorded for the purposes of archival and storage.