[AusNOG] "Sewer broadband provider dumped" - Brisbane fibre plan scrapped

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Wed Feb 23 15:13:13 EST 2011

A few comments:

- Cost to access a customer is either $17/month for ULL or it's ~$30ish as you need LSS and wholesale line rental.
- DF is only available to a subset of the exchanges of people covered by the NBN.  So, you then need to start averaging the wholesale costs for the areas NOT covered.

So, it's easy to create a bit of strawman about what the best-case is for this, but this doesn't represent the average cost.

MMC