[AusNOG] IPocalypse now (?)

Damien Morris damien at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Feb 1 11:09:34 EST 2011

On 1/02/11 10:54 AM, "Skeeve Stevens" <Skeeve at eintellego.net> wrote:

>Damien, my experience is that we've been working with ISPs for over
>two years enabling their networks to be IPv6 compatible ­ and while
>there are always early adopters, the bulk (95%+) are just sitting
>their waiting to see what happens before actually moving.

Thanks Skeeve ­ this is the sort of response I'm looking for.

Without naming names, are these ISPs any of the larger metro ISPs or
smaller regionals?

Of the 5% - what strategies, techniques and technologies have they settled
on (if you're able to say)?

Is there a slowly converging "consensus" on best-path-forward or are ISPs
wanting to see what everyone else does first?

Of the 95% - Is it a complete "head in the sand" situation, a matter of
bumped priority, or do some have a vague idea of what they're going to do
but don't intend to implement for another year or so?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to bust through the hype and
actually try and quantify how "ready" we all are or aren't.

Thanks,
Damien.