[AusNOG] Cisco 9951 phones w/ SIP firmware

Alistair Weddell Alistair.Weddell at lonelyplanet.com.au
Wed Dec 14 14:22:55 EST 2011

Hi Tim,

Just a note that these phones run a Java based OS and as such will require a different set of firmware to your standard 7940/60's.  They also take a different format config file, XML based; similar to the Java powered 7912 or the 79x1 devices as mentioned by Chris, you might have more luck looking at the config file examples for these more popular devices to gain an understanding of this format as it varies vastly to the 79x0 devices mentioned in most Asterisk blogs.

Best of luck!

Al

Alistair Weddell | Network and Security Engineer
Lonely Planet
90 Maribyrnong St
Footscray, VIC 3011 Australia
tel. +61 (0) 3 8379 8000