[AusNOG] FW: [nznog] New(?) scam: Door to door malware in Christchurch

ComKal Networks admin at comkal.com.au
Tue Aug 2 13:25:12 EST 2011

Hi Skeeve,

> Strange and a worthwhile fwd if it migrates to our shores (or is already here)

Last year someone was leaving bits of paper under windscreen wipers
at Ashburton (Melbourne) shopping area car park with a URL and
claiming it was the only way to remove the hidden government bugs
on your computer.

I still have the bit of paper somewere in a box after I moved to
Perth WA, I never bothered checking the payload myself but I did
report the domain. Might have just been a loonie, at its most benign
its just windscreen spam but spam is spam by whichever method its
delivered, and I can remember the URL was a spammy looking one.

I thought it was rather neat using the old leaflet method instead of
higher tech.

Cheers
Ian Manners
ComKal Networks Australia