[AusNOG] APNIC IPv4 Address Pool Reaches Final /8

Srinivas (Sunny) Chendi sunny at apnic.net
Fri Apr 15 05:02:20 EST 2011

APNIC IPv4 Address Pool Reaches Final /8

Dear AUSNOG community

We are writing to inform you that as of Friday, 15 April 2011, the APNIC
pool reached the Final /8 IPv4 address block, bringing us to Stage Three
of IPv4 exhaustion in the Asia Pacific. For more information about Stage
Three, please refer to:

       http://www.apnic.net/ipv4-exhaustion/stages

Last /8 address policy
----------------------

IPv4 requests will now be assessed under section 9.10 in "Policies
for IPv4 address space management in the Asia Pacific region":

        http://www.apnic.net/policy/add-manage-policy#9.10

APNIC's objective during Stage Three is to provide IPv4 address space
for new entrants to the market and for those deploying IPv6.

        http://www.apnic.net/ipv4-stage3-faq

   From now, all new and existing APNIC account holders will be entitled
to receive a maximum allocation of a /22 from the Final /8 address
space.

For more details on the eligibility criteria according to the Final /8
policy, please refer to:

       http://www.apnic.net/criteria

Act NOW on IPv6
---------------

We encourage Asia Pacific Internet community members to deploy IPv6
within their organizations. You can refer to APNIC for information
regarding IPv6 deployment, statistics, training, and related regional
policies at:

       http://www.apnic.net/ipv6

To apply for IPv6 addresses now, please visit:

       http://www.apnic.net/kickstart

APNIC Secretariat                                 secretariat at apnic.net
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)   Tel: +61 7 3858 3100
PO Box 3646 South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia    Fax: +61 7 3858 3199
6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD            http://www.apnic.net