[AusNOG] Femtocells

Matt S matt at mtt.me
Thu Apr 14 13:04:04 EST 2011

Femtocells as sold by carriers are whitelist based - you have to add phone numbers allowed to use the cell - if you didn't want a phone to use your femtocell you could just not whitelist it. I'm pretty sure the Femtocells are also fully managed by the carrier (at least in the case of AT&T, Vodafone AU/NZ).

Vodafone NZ unmeter microcell data iirc - I don't see why Optus couldn't do the same thing.

To James - have you considered just getting insurance with a third party? I have my iPhone insured with protecsure for $150/yr covering accidental damage, loss, theft etc.

Sent from my iPhone