[AusNOG] Who's with me? We need to start building the Infinternet straight away.

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Fri Apr 8 13:06:58 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Daniel Trembath
Sent: Thursday, 7 April 2011 11:34 PM
To: Mark Smith
Cc: AusNOG at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] Who's with me? We need to start building the Infinternet straight away.

> I fear your plan is far too shortsighted. It fails to take into account Cantor's theorem[1]
> proving that there are an infinite number of infinities, and so your protocol, with only
> an infinite number of addresses, seems > hardly enough.

Yeah - I saw a doco on that last week.  That'll work out great.  ***On a *nog list near you soon***

"I'll use this /infinity for my point-to-point connection under infinter.net"

This is as likely, wasteful and short sighted as using a /64 under IPV6.

[b]

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential. This email and any attachments are also subject to copyright. No part of them may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written permission of the copyright owner. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the message from your system. All email communications to and from NEXTDC Limited are recorded for the purposes of archival and storage.