[AusNOG] 8-24 Port VDSL DSLAMs

Nick Brown nick at inticon.net.au
Fri Apr 8 09:21:04 EST 2011

Hi Guys,

I know there was a thread here not too long ago regarding this but there
was limited on list feedback (Which could speak volumes in itself) but
I'm interested to know what equipment people are dropping into building
basements in the 8-24 port VDSL DSLAM space?

We have reservations about the cheaper Chinese imports as a channel
partner is having repeated bad experiences with them - Zyxel seems to be
a big player in the space but we have no experience with their 'carrier
grade' products.

Thanks in advance. Will sumarise any off list replies (Also happy for
Vendors to spam me).

Rgds,
Nick.