[AusNOG] IPv6 Addressing

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Wed Apr 6 22:18:38 EST 2011

On 06/04/2011, at 9:32 PM, John Edwards wrote:

> Speaking of deja vu, why is it that almost none of the posters in this thread are using an ipv6-enabled email address?

Because us old-timers have historical v4 allocations and don't want to pay the $5k APNIC tax to get a v6 address? (oh, and then the annual charges in addition naturally).  Think of my retirement funding please John, I'm not a young man anymore.  :)

I may not be reachable via v6 but how many of you are reachable by LISP ?  (actually I'm not either since I moved locations but that's just temporary while I get my lab NX-OS box back up and running).

David