[AusNOG] IPv6 Addressing

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed Apr 6 22:15:12 EST 2011

On Apr 6, 2011, at 7:10 PM, David Hughes wrote:

> Convenience and efficiency are usually mutually exclusive (and yes, I did jumper an ARCnet address in the dark ages, although I won't admit that in public .... :)

All the cards from the various Arcnet vendors seemed to come set either to 1 or to 254, which always led to MAC conflicts on the network.  I tried in vain to impress upon them that at least semi-randomly setting the switches would be a Good Thing and would lead to a measurable drop in their phone support costs, but they never seemed to get it.

;>

		The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

			  -- Oscar Wilde