[AusNOG] IPv6 Addressing

John Edwards john at netniche.com.au
Tue Apr 5 08:27:43 EST 2011

The "safe" way to do it appears to be to administratively allocate a /64 anyway, even if you configure for a longer prefix.

This way if you need to replace interfaces with some equipment that doesn't support a /127 for some reason, or runs more optimally with a /64, or the management software gui insists on it - you don't have to renumber.

John