[AusNOG] Katter backs Coalition - Windsor backs Gillard

James Spenceley james at vocus.com.au
Wed Sep 8 00:10:21 EST 2010

On 07/09/2010, at 11:33 PM, roland at chan.id.au wrote:

> We can only hope that competitive pressures change that scenario. Who amongst us would have predicted unlimited plans at reasonable prices 10 years a go?

umm, we did. An unlimted dial port some 13 years ago.

I still remember the fun of launching an unlimited wholesale DSL layer3 product about 8+ years ago.

I don't think it has ever been hard to predict real tangible uses, the difficult thing to predict is all these future uses that we are all supposedly sitting around waiting for connection speeds to support them.

> If there's a gap in the market and real demand, someone will exploit it and make a killing.

and if there isn't, then the government will build it and force everyone to use it :-)

--
James