[AusNOG] 3G modem for remote dial-in access

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Sep 3 12:47:06 EST 2010

Google for Mikrotik routers, they are the swiss army knives of OOB and gadgetary-routing. Serial, Ethernet, Wireless, Mobile + USB Mobile sims to VPN dial-home, very handy for OOB, even in metro.

I haven't used the VPN + GSM Dongle + Serial combo however there should be a few on the list who could shed more light on to specific hardware versions?

Software for these little puppies is sensational, too.

I always keep a spare pair wherever I travel for just-in-case OOBs.

Sean.