[AusNOG] AAB Statement

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Thu Sep 2 09:22:13 EST 2010

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/359080/nbn_3_0_our_reply_alliance_affordable_broadband/

I love this bit:

"In your letter you mentioned that the Labor NBN plan has "failed to convince". That may be the case for some who hold similar views as yourselves, but until you are able to answer the above questions (and those we haven't included) the same accusation can and should be levelled against your suggested plan. Your plan may simply be a proof of concept to show that an alternative to the NBN is possible, but we look forward to seeing mature, formulated business plan that can replace Labor's current rollout as it stands from day one. "

It's interesting how we've got to provide a "mature, formulated business plan", but when you're getting 1Gbps pr0n to your house, napkin math with no forseeable ROI is enough.

Bah, reporters.