[AusNOG] Network Operators Unite Against SORBS

Cole, Patrick Patrick.Cole at transact.com.au
Wed Oct 13 10:59:21 EST 2010

Personally,  I'm sick of SORBS wasting my time with their DUHL listings on IP address space that has been re-purposed from dynamic to static.   After six months of logging tickets I finally got all our static blocks delisted a few months ago, and now just in the last week suddenly the whole lot have been listed again, and their website was also broken at the time making delisting impossible.    A week later, customers are still complaining.

The problem is as a network operator the customer feels it is our responsibility to ensure that any IP assignments are free from blacklist tyranny.  It's difficult to do that without any corporate body to apply pressure to.

It's one of the most frustrating things IMO, I would definitely recommend any network operators stop using their service on general principle.  These days I believe spam may have reached the point where things like SORBS have a negligible effect anyway..

Regards,

Patrick