[AusNOG] Console server question.

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Fri Nov 5 14:09:44 EST 2010

On 05/11/2010, at 1:33 PM, David Hughes wrote:
> On 05/11/2010, at 12:21 PM, Tony wrote:
>
>> The Opengear is made by the same team who created the Snapgear firewall. The smaller of the Opengear boxes looks very much like the Snapgear firewalls did.
>
> And if you are prepared to show your age, it's many of the same team that worked on the Stallion serial port boards in those long lost days of serial connections and modems hanging out of Linux (or even Xenix) boxes.

Hey, it wasn't *that* long ago!  My workshop PC has two EasyIO-8 PCI cards in it :)  And I seem to remember seeing some octopus cables around when I was cleaning up earlier in the year, so there's probably some of the older EasyIO ISA cards in a box somewhere ;)

--DG

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/