[AusNOG] Google creepier than Conroy?

Pinkerton, Eric Eric.Pinkerton at team.telstra.com
Mon May 31 12:22:22 EST 2010

"THEY CAME FIRST for the photo's,
and I didn't speak up because it was kinda cool.

THEN THEY CAME for the SSID's,
and I didn't speak up because isn't this info is generally out there anyway?

THEN THEY CAME for the wireless payloads,
and I didn't speak up because just how much info could they capture as they whizzed past my house without stopping?

THEN THEY CAME for me with a refusal for life insurance,
perhaps because they were able to cross reference a mac address captured by a street view car driving through a known cancer cluster, with one reported by a cookie via my browser when I googled "What are the symptoms of Lymphoma ?" and sell this info to the highest bidder...