[AusNOG] APNIC 30 on the Gold Coast - Will more Aussies turn up?

Shaun Ewing s.ewing at aussiehq.com.au
Thu May 20 09:54:22 EST 2010

On 19/05/10 8:35 PM, "Skeeve Stevens" <Skeeve at eintellego.net> wrote:

> OK... so the news is out... APNIC 30 which was to be held in Bangkok has had
> to change venue due to the dangerous environment there at present.
>
> So... now that it is being held in Australia, especially on the East Coast...
> does this mean that you ­ Aussie ISP/IT guy will consider turning up?

I was going anyway.

Guess it's time to call Qantas and get a refund on those fares. Maybe I'll
use them for APNIC 31 instead :-)

It's a pity. I've never been to BKK, so was looking forward to the trip
(although not entirely unexpected, which is why I booked refundable flights
and accomm with no cancellation penalty).

-Shaun