[AusNOG] Young Techs - Was SMH: "No room at the internet"

Daniel Hooper dhooper at emerge.net.au
Wed May 19 11:45:30 EST 2010

*         Some people excel with being thrown in the deep end, others don't.

*         I throw my junior techs in the deep end sometimes to see whether they sink or swim, it sorts the men out from the mice

*         Others need to be challenged regularly to keep them interested

*         I & employers need / want techs who can handle being under the pump

*         A customers mail server being down was one of the most stressful occasions in your life ? such a long way to go grasshopper.