[AusNOG] Oh this is a good laugh.

Peter Adkins pete at pirate-pockets.net
Tue Jun 22 16:08:30 EST 2010

> "Yes, and the correct analogy would be that "if your car detects that
> your seatbelt isn't properly fastened, your car will refuse to leave
> your driveway"."

I'd avoid that analogy as some already do similar.

We're dealing with politicians here, and unfortunately, a lot of them are of
the mentality that if they can disprove your analogy then they've disproved
your argument.

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Richard Phillis
<richard at staff.msi.net.au>wrote:

> Yes, and the correct analogy would be that "if your car detects that
> your seatbelt isn't properly fastened, your car will refuse to leave
> your driveway".
>
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 15:35 +1000, Steve Lisson wrote:
> > I love the part of the article:
> >
> > MacGibbon acknowledged the measure might sound harsh but noted that we
> > expect this level of regulatory approach in the offline world, likening
> > it to car safety regulations such as those forcing people to wear seat
> > belts.
> >
> > Woot! We are getting internet seatbelts!
> >
> > What other kinds of 'protection' will the government want to implement?
> > :)

Peter Adkins

"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche