[AusNOG] 3G wireless signal Strength testing.

Thomason, Simon Simon.Thomason at racq.com.au
Wed Jun 9 16:50:58 EST 2010

Hey All,

Was wondering if anyone has had a bit of experience with testing of signal strength of different carriers' wireless 3G devices/services. Weather this be a piece of software or hardware that can provide a little more information that the standard fair from a USB dongle

Ideally I am interested in a piece of software that resides on a remote machine that can report back to a head end that can keep historical information and can be reported on.

Also was wondering if anyone could give an idea of there experience with latency over different networks in regards to 3G. A good comparison would be the difference that can be experience from a wired connected to a 3G in the same area to the same destination.

I know these are all pretty specific questions but I am certain a few people in ausnog land have run into this in some way, shape or form.

Simon Thomason

Join us at MotorFest on 11 July 2010 at Eagle Farm Racecourse. Visit www.racq.com/motorfest for more information

Please Note: If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email as its use is prohibited. RACQ does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses or defects. If you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ please e-mail unsubscribe at racq.com.au or contact RACQ on 13 19 05.