[AusNOG] Happy Sysadminday

Matt Carter matt at iseek.com.au
Fri Jul 30 12:06:06 EST 2010

Can't help but notice on that website, most of the pics are of spaghetti cabling nightmares between the patch panel and the switches, not of say gory disk failures or the like, which I thought would be more up the Sysadmin alley.... I knew it! See what happens when you let systems boys loose on the network!!  :)

The flooded DC pic if it's the one i'm thinking of (there isn't too many that involve the DC being filled with raw sewage) won't go into too much details but iirc, but needless to say inspection points for sewage waste going through the floor of your DC is probably not a great thing. If it's the one i'm thinking of, the cleanup cost was significant. (All the walls had to be stripped to the concrete and sterilised etc)